Monday, December 15, 2008

Jeneko-chan


Tell me a little bit about yourself, about your life? Where did you go to school, and what classes did you study? What helped prepare you to become the artist that you are today?

My name is Jeneko , 17 yrs old and I'm currently a 1st yr , BSN (nursing) student in Far Eastern University – Main. I'm an anime fan, an avid gamer and an artist ever since. Anyway, I've started drawing when I was about 12 yrs old (very late I know) because I idolized a classmate of mine who was really good in drawing who introduced me to devart. Oddly enough, I'm one of people who wanted to be an art student at first, but wasn't permitted to become one, so I ended up in Nursing. I'm fine with the course now (and loving it), but I can still see that I still love art amidst being deprived from it . I haven't taken any art lessons (except those in MAPEH subject in HS ) I guess I was able to become what I am today because of admiration, persistence and being enthusiastic about art.

What inspired or convinced you to become an Artist?

I was mainly convinced because of all the awesome artists at Deviant Art and the thousands of epic artworks in the website.

What is a typical day for you, and who are the people you work with?

As of right now, I don't really have day offs (except Sundays) so I always end up just studying for my free time and stay at school for the rest of the day. During vacations, I either draw, play video games, SLEEP, read manga or.. BUM OUT :)

What are some of the things that you have worked on?

The last time I've worked on something was some bookmarks and key chains to sell at a con plus the several anthologies I've joined. Other than that, I mostly do illustrations to relax myself.

How do you go about illustration, what goes through your mind, from start to end?


I usually start with the scene in mind then everything else follows.

Could you talk about your process in coloring your art (if at all), as well as the types of tools or media that you use?


It's really simple, it's just a matter of how long have you been using that style . I used to color using tutorials that I see and the next thing I know, I'm doing it on my own. :]

What are some of the things that you do to keep yourself creative?

I guess visiting art sites like DeviantArt and PIXIV.net is my way to keep myself creative.

What is your most favorite subject to draw, And why?

I mostly draw fantasy or just anything happy and cute. Drawing is like my outlet when I'm stressed so I always try to be happy while drawing thus the outcome.

Who are the top illustrators whose works excite you the most?

I love CLAMP and Koge Donbo 's style a lot but KUROT @ deviantart excites me the most. This is kind of silly but I've been a fan of her artworks ever since I started this hobby of mine.




What are some of the neat things you have learned from other artists that you have worked with or seen?


Mostly everything. I draw because I get inspired by a lot of people thus them learning from them.

What are some of your favorite websites that you go to?

My favorite sites include Deviant Art, Crunchyroll, PIXIV, Livejournal, and some random gaming sites.

What wisdom could you give us, about being an Artist? Do you have any tips you could give?


Practice doesn't make you perfect but it does make you a LOT MORE BETTER :] I practiced a lot (and sacrificed a lot of time) to be able to attain what I have right now. No one in the whole wide world can get better in just a day.
If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?

You can email me at jeneko[at]gmail[dot]com or drop me a note at http://jeneko.deviantart.com.

Finally, do you have any of your art work for sale (sketchbook, prints, or anything) for fans of your work can know where and when to buy it?


As of right now, I don't have anything to sell mostly because of time/school issues. I do go to cons sometimes and sell my stuffs there.

Thanks!

Thanks again! glad you like my art somehow ^_^ makes me happy.







Who is your favorite anime couple?

I have a lot of favorite anime couples since I'm a big shoujo fan myself but then I guess the pair I favor the most right now is Tomoya x Nagisa from Clannad. 

I am attracted by their innocent and bittersweet love as well as their sad story. I also like Rosette x Chrno from Chrno Crusade because of the same reason. I guess you can say I'm a fan of those sad love stories or mainly sad stories :) (amidst me being the cheerful type haha)

No comments:

Got an Artist?

Do you know a Filipino artist who makes exceptional Japanese manga style illustrations? If so, leave his/her name and any other info about him/her on this post.